Book Marker

Sunday, February 03, 2013




Hello Everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend :)

This week, I'm making a very easy book marker. The only reason I have is to reuse left over acetate/plastic from cotton packaging. I've been using cotton for cosmetic although not so often. But then, since I have a baby I've been purchasing cosmetic cotton for few packs every month. So, the result is that I'm getting so many acetate junks from the cotton packaging which I'm happy with it :)

You can find an acetate/plastic on top and on the bottom of the packaging to hold the cotton. And luckily, they're clean, strong and with perfect cut :) Now I have so many of them, I can use them for my paper crafts project, cards etc. I will share with you if I make other projects using this plastic.

Today, I'm just making a book marker from the acetate using some rub-on which I bought few years ago. You can find the tutorial HERE. I don't find rub-on anymore here, not in a book store or local crafts store! It's so sad actually!! Rub-on is so helpful and very useful especially if you need quick and easy project and the great thing is that it's clean and no mess!! :) I love rub-on and here we call it rugos :) I found these rub-on in a local book store at my hubby's village which is in another island :P I am so sad to find them piled up among other accessories. And it's so clear that not many people even look or touch it!! That's why I chose some images and bought them right away!! It feels like having a reunion with an old friend :) I left the store with a very happy feeling but also sad, I wish I could see that rub-on again!

I'm entering this book marker on the following challenge:

Anything BUT a Card ~ Crafty Creations Challenges  
Anything Goes ~  One Stop Craft Challenge


See you all again and happy crafting!! :)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous creation - thanks for sharing! :) Thank you for joining us at CCC this week! :)

    Hugs
    Evelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this bookmark I love the way you've created it and a great way to use rubons. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenges. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it...simple and very nice bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it great re-cycling too and it doesn't bulk up the book pages. thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply Adorable Ika....dear Ika aku sudah balas di Linked In lihat ya say...love your idea with cotton junkies hihi...it is simple but adorable...like always your idea...aku br smpt isi Blogku lg mampir ya Ika...miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Scrapadinne: Thank you so much, glad to join your challenge :)
    @Jules: Thank you so much Jules, really appreciate it! :)
    @Susan: makasih susan yang baik :)
    @ladyjanet_56: Thank you so much Janet! yup a book marker shouldn't bulk up the book pages :)
    @Monika Reeck: makasih mbak :) wahhh sudah kembali dirimu ya? hehe oke oke aku sdh baca di linkedin makasih yaa cuma belum sempat balas, banyak yg mau diceritakan hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple but lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your support means a lot to me. Thank you!