12 Impressive Indonesian Card Maker - World Card Making Day 2021

Saturday, October 02, 2021

 




Happy World Card Making Day, 1st October 2021!

Did you make any special card today? Or perhaps you did card swap with your crafty friends just for fun? Well, I honestly did not make any cards.. Sorry! :)

Yesterday, I looked at pictures of all my greetings cards collections from the first day I fell in love with card making. I begin to realize that creating cards/crafts has become a self-therapy session for me :D Every blank card stock on my table is the medium to release tensions and emotions out. Beautiful thing always happen when I know that somehow my card is quite meaningful to the receiver.. and that pumps up good energy into my life. Is it just me or you have that feeling too?

A bit surprising, right? But it's true. My daughter (9 yo) even feels the benefit of making cards :) She started to make them last year. The above portrait is one of her creations. I never push her to draw or make cards/crafts coz I wanna make sure that it is something she likes to do. Fortunately, she enjoys it so I let her to use my crafts tools. Ever since then, she has been making her own greeting cards. She gave it to me, my husband, her brother and send them over to her grandparents, aunties and uncle :) Not only she's happy at getting great feedback from our families but it also lifts up her spirit to keep on creating and spreading happiness through greeting cards. Positivity is really contagious! :)

Now speaking of how I'm going to celebrate WCMD this year? I want to roll out few names of Indonesian card maker :) This is NOT about advertising and NEITHER those endorsement thing! Yes, most of them are my friends whom I have known from the internet and social media for almost a decade. Over the years I have picked up so many creative ideas from their posts and videos. It's not just about making cards but also perseverance and consistency. So it would be an advantage if you can learn from them too. Here are the links to their Instagram account:


1. Melania Deasy

I like her modern style. For me she is the most consistent card maker until this day. And if you want to see the latest trend on card making then you should take a look at her wonderful creations. I love each one of them! She was also the winner of Gallery Idol 2013 held by Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine (sadly the company closed down on 2014). 

2. Dwita Siregar

Mbak Dwita :) Mother of all crafters :D She knows about everything related to crafts especially greetings cards! You can learn from her on stamping technique, scrapbooking and almost all paper crafting stuff. She's also a very good teacher and recently focus herself on woodworking :)

3. Iin Creative Shine

An expert in paper flowers! Ranges from simple flowers to the most difficult ones. They can be used for greeting cards and scrapbooking. I'm not into paper flower making but I always feel inspired looking at her creations. She's currently making them in digital format too :)

4. Rini Rusli 

Just full of creativity! Quilling, Paper flower, Doodle on cloth or paper, even those gigantic and gorgeous flower decoration. You just dream and ask what you need.. then she will make it come true for you! Remarkable details and neatness in everything she makes! Go check out her link and see it for yourself :)

5. Eka Hikmawati

The most consistent person in the world of origami and an origami instructor :) Whenever I hear "origami" word, her name comes first in my head :D I'm not much into origami but her creations somehow inspiring me

6. Vera Quilling

Love all the soft and minimalist color :) Her oustanding quilling is so impressive, details and unique. Just happy to see her stunning quilling art to this date

7. Ngesthy Crafts

Another friend who is fun and fearless! One of origami maker that I admire. She also collaborates with other origami maker and youtuber. Check out her link and see her wonderful creations. 

8. Silvia Listiani Hong

Origami lover :) I enjoy looking at her pattern especially those that are used for greeting cards. You can also see other creation such as gift boxes that are embellished with origami!

9. Renova Handmade

Mbak Nova's creation is worth checking too. Her style of layering is more into scrapbooking (wait, this is from what I see). I just hope I can see more cards from her. Let's make more cards, mbak!

10. Amelia Utomo

One of the most talented person! :) Everything she makes is great! I love the composition and layering style. She's now focus on painting and drawing which is also inspiring!

11. Nick Craft

If you need cards material, this is the best place to visit :D Not that her own creations are also beautiful but she provides card paper and die cut out with competitive price

12. Morny Makes

Last but not least, Mbak Morny! I hope she will start to make cards again :) I have always admired her coloring technique. She used Copic marker and you should see her coloring result that looks so real! 


So those are the names BUT it does not mean that OTHERS are less creative. Believe me, there are still hundreds names in my lists and all of them are remarkable. Maybe next time I will write more card maker for your reference. For now, go check out their creations by clicking the links and let me know what you think :)


See you on my next post and keep creating! :)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow surprise Mbak 😍🥰❤ karyamu juga selalu menginspirasiku...terima kasih 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama2 mbak.. semoga makin sukses dan terus semangat berkarya yaa!! :)

      Delete

Your support means a lot to me. Thank you!