Birthday Card with simple slider

Friday, April 24, 2015

Hello friends,

I'd like to upload my newest greeting card today and to join in some challenges. This time I made a very simple birthday greeting card with a slider. The idea is like giving a present to someone and let her/him open it :) well, something like that I guess hehe.. anyway, here's the card:



This is how I made it:
 
First decide the size of your gift box and how you want the slider look. Myself, I made the frame and hide the gift box by making small frame that fits for the ribbon to slide. 
I measure and cut it manually with cutter.


Then make the gift box in square, colored it with water color and wrap it with ribbon embellishment which I made from fabric tape. Make sure that the size of the box is a bit bigger than the frame so it gives a tiny space to move.


Then, make the card primary base. Cut paper in rectangle form for the slider. The rectangle must have a space fit the gift box to move left and right.  On the rectangle paper, I hand draw a simple high heel stamp as the gift (this one is special for my friend Mbak Monika who loves shoes stamp and whom having a Birthday Linky Party on her blog HERE :) I created the image using a black Snowman drawing pen 0.2 and colored it with Staedler pen and Copic for the shadows.


Fold the edges of the rectangle paper. Make sure to fold and leave a space about 0,5 mm on each side so that the gift box can move to slide. When you're done, put double sided tape on each side then insert the gift box inside and test the slider by moving it left and right. 


Once you have insert the gift box, attached it to the card by turning it upside down and adjust it with the frame you made previously. Make sure that the double tape stick properly.


I hand drawn dots and small arrows with pen so the receiver can slide and open the gift box :) Oh, I forgot, before attaching the gift box, make sure to stamp the sentiment first to avoid messy result.


I decorate the bottom card with similar washi tape as the gift box.


Voila, finish and you get a very easy and simple greeting card with slider :)


Hope this is useful for you and thank you for reading my post! 
Have a great weekend everyone! :)

I join this card on below challenges:

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Challenge #113 Ribbon and/or Lace
Simply Paper Crafts - Challenge 3 - Anything Goes or Lots of Layers
Crafty Creations Challenge - Seeing Spots
  Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #103 - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Recipe #223 - Anything Goes

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ika! This is too cute! I absolutely love to make and give interactive cards! Pinning this to Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy! I'm glad you like it and thank you very much for pinning it to Pinterest! :)

      Delete
  2. Ikaaaa so creative..clever idea and oh my God you drew that shoe stamp...you sould sell it at etsy.com as Digi images..you are so talented Ika..I am not good ad drawing also I bought always my stamps...many thanks to join my bday linky party..really appreciate..biig hugs ...Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it mbak Monika!! Hope you had a great birthday celebration over there and truly sorry that I missed it! big hugss

      Delete
  3. Ika, this is such a clever idea, and the shoes image is so chic! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! Fabulous card :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mags B: Thank you mags and hope to join next challenge on CRAFT Challenge! :) @Michele: Thank you Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. innovative idea!
    http://wonderlust-artmania.blogspot.in/2015/10/slider-greeting-card.html

    ReplyDelete

Your support means a lot to me. Thank you!