From Portugal with Love :)

Thursday, June 03, 2021





Hello friends,

I'm sure many of you know what is the name of the leaf on my greeting cards :D That's right! They are Ginkgo Biloba! :)

These leaves are a gift from my sister who went to Portugal a few years ago. When she asked if I wanted something from Portugal, I replied I didn't want anything as I did not want to burden her baggage :) But she wanted to bring something then I told her she can bring leaves ('coz I think every country has different trees and shape of leaf...). 

Even if I thought she'd be confused but she did bring me different kinds of leaves. She's the best! I was so happy that I kept them all flatten inside my thick book for years!! 

I like creating things from the trash as long as they can be useful. Before I used this leaf, I only cleaned them up with wet tissue to remove dirt and air-dried. I added recycled paper and used one of my favorite techniques "embossing" to give floral texture to the paper. Then for the final touch, I only put the leaves on the center as the focal point. 

These leaves have traveled the oceans from Portugal to Netherland then flew to Jakarta, Indonesia after that made their way to Bali, Indonesia, and ended up in my drawer. Now some of them have moved from the "book camp" out to the world. I just hope they enjoyed the long trip! :D

I enter this card to below challenges:

Less is More - Challenge #444 - Lucky Dip - Favourite Technique
Path of Positivity Challenge - Anything Goes with a twist Change your Environment
The Creative Crafters - Anything Goes #40

Thank you for reading this post. See you soon! :)

Love, Ika


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Well, what a journey your leaves have had and now we can all appreciate how beautiful they are.Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄😄 yes they had long journey 😁 thank you so much Lynn 🤗

      Delete
  2. Briljant card, very nice.. Thanks for entering your card at Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    Geweldige kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com/
    https://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claudia! happy to participate in Penny's Paper Crafty challenge :)

      Delete
  3. Ika your Ginko leaves card is stunning. Such a wonderful reminder of your sisters trip. Thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jana, really appreciate it :) and am happy to join Penny's Challenge :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, so gorgeous! Love the way you used these beautiful leaves in your creation; so elegant and lovely full of nature! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you so much for your kind and lovely comment. Am so happy to join your challenge Katrina :) Hugs

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Maryv :) hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your support means a lot to me. Thank you!